Tasty Baked Potato with Asparagus
- 1 x sebago potato
- 1 x asparagus spear
- 1 x tomato
- 2 x shallots
- 1 tsp fresh crushed garlic
- 1 tsp fresh chopped ginger
- bunch coriander
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- 25 g Mainland Finely Grated Noble White Cheddar cheese
- handful of baby spinach
- cracked pepper to taste
- 10 mL extra virgin olive oil
- Pre-heat oven to 180ºC.
- Wash potato and pat dry. Rub with oil, then roll in pepper. Place on a baking tray and bake for 1 hour.
- Remove woody stem of asparagus & blanch in simmering water with spinach. Plunge in icy water, strain and pat dry. Chop wilted spinach & asparagus.
- Prepare tomato blend by roughly chopping tomato, shallots, coriander, garlic & ginger.
- Then add honey, pepper & vinegar to taste & add a drop of extra virgin olive oil. Then blend for 10 seconds.
- To serve make insertions with a knife in the shape of a cross into the potato, press your fingers into the sides helping the potato to sprout and open through the insertion.
- Add the asparagus & spinach mix, then top with tomato blend & a generous serving of Mainland Finely Grated Noble White Cheddar cheese.
More Mainland Noble White Cheddar Recipes